Sunyani Senior High School (SUSEC) is a coeducational second-cycle institution in Sunyani in the Bono Region of Ghana.
Housing status: Day and Boarding
District: Sunyani Municipal
Year of Establishment; 1958
The school’s main goal is to give the nation’s young men and women a solid education and a broad second cycle education.
Instilling in the students a sense of sacrifice and patriotism, as well as providing an all-around education that includes skill acquisition, improved literacy, numeracy, physical development, moral instruction, and spiritual growth, will make the students productive and useful to themselves and the entire society.
Sunyani High School, one of the products of the
Ghana Education Trust was established in 1958
by Osagyefo Dr. Kwame Nkrumah, the then-Prime
Minister of Ghana. The first batch of students 36,
in number, comprising 31 Boys and 5 girls were
admitted on Friday 30th October 1960, and was
later inaugurated in December 1960 by Osagyefo
Dr. Kwame Nkrumah. It is located in the Sunyani
municipality, just along the Sunyani-Kumasi Road.
MAJOR ACHIEVEMENTS OVER THE YEARS
WASSCE Results from 2006 – 2009
- a) 2005 8% PASS
- b) 2006 100% PASS
- c) 2007 100% PASS
- d) 2008 100% PASS
- e) 2009 100% PASS
- National Science and Mathematics quizzes
The school has participated in the Science and Mathematics competition on two occasions in recent times at the national level.
- Ignatius Baffour-Awuah — Member of Parliament for Sunyani West Constituency and Minister for Employment
- Ernest Akobuor Debrah — Former Member of Parliament for Tano North Constituency
- No. of Students (SHS 1): 1292
- No. of Students (SHS 2): 1597
- No. of Students (SHS 3): 892
- 49 Classrooms
- 1 Science Lab
- 2 Computer Labs
- 1st position (drum language), and 3rd position
(drama), at the 2018 National Cultural Festival
- 2019 Champions, Brong Ahafo super zonal
- 2nd position, 2019 Cook Art Competition,
organised by Promasidor Ghana, (Onga
Brand), qualifying for the National Cook Art
- Overall best, 2017 national debating
competition by the Ghana Health Services and