a) To expand academic facilities to be able to increase the intake of students, especially girls
b) To expand academic programmes to include the pure Sciences (Physics, Chemistry, Biology) and Home Economics.
c) To expand the computer center to offer better Information and Communication Technology (ICT) opportunities to students, teachers and workers.
The purpose of the school is to provide all students, regardless of gender, socioeconomic status, or religious background, with a high-quality education in the form of the necessary knowledge, skills, values, aptitudes, and training; to empower students to become independent and productive citizens who can either create wealth or position themselves for further education; and to ensure that all students have equal access to this education.
SCHOOL CREST AND MOTTO:
The four symbols that make up the school crest are as follows: an open book, which denotes that knowledge is power; a shining star, which denotes that the impact of the products will shine in society as a shining star; a man climbing a tree, which denotes that perseverance and endurance lead to success; and a stool with two swords placed on it, which denotes the traditional authority of the school. In addition to that, it features an inscription that reads, “Kaso kyerege gu daa,” which is a slogan that directly translates to “Future prosperity begins today.”
The community was the driving force behind the decision to found this institution in the first place. The numerous Junior Secondary School graduates from the traditional area were frequently stranded with admissions to schools in neighbouring traditional areas, and the fact that the government of Ghana had planned to ban the opening of new Senior High Schools by the year 1990 prompted the Seikwa Traditional Council to take the initiative to establish the school as they foresaw the need to do so. In point of fact, the Seikwa Traditional Council was the one who foresaw the need to establish the school.
As a consequence of this, Nananom established an Education Committee with the mission of determining the prerequisites for opening a school and making recommendations accordingly. In order to achieve this worthy goal and take the next logical step ahead, an admission exam was held to select the first group of students.
As a result, classes began on November 14th, 1989, with a total of 85 pupils, 71 of whom were male and 14 of whom were female. Up until 1992, the community was in charge of managing the school before the government took over and made it part of the public domain.
- YEAR OF ESTABLISHMENT 1989
- LOCATION SEIKWA-TAIN DISTRICT
- TELEPHONE NUMBER 06196257/0242177357
- IMPORTANT SCHOOL DAYS 15TH NOVEMBER, FOUNDERS DAY, 9TH DECEMBER 14TH DECEMBER, 2002 SPEECH AND PRIZE-GIVING CEREMONY.
- STATUS: Day with hostel facilities
MAJOR ACHIEVEMENTS OVER THE YEARS
- i) Year 2004 to 2009 SSCE/WASSCE Results Compared
YEAR NO OF CANDIDATES PRECENTAGE PASS
2004 67 79
2005 94 96.8
2006 100 100
2007 121 100
2008 143 100
2009 270 100
- a) Classrooms: The school has only nine (9) classrooms
- b) Laboratories: There is no permanent laboratory facility. The laboratory is being housed temporally in one of the nine classrooms.
- c) Library: There is no library block in the school. The Library is housed in one of the rooms in the girls’ hostel.
- d) Textbooks: With the increase in enrolment we need additional copies of all the prescribed text books are needed.