Miss Metro Ghana to launch ‘Let’s Get Ghana Clean’

Miss Metro Ghana to launch 'Let's Get Ghana Clean'

Ghana’s sanitation situation has in recent times required a different approach especially when research has proven that the menace is attitudinal. It is on this stride that the newly outdoored pageant,

MISS METRO GHANA has since its launch, received massive support and attention. The pageant, themed “LET’S GET GHANA CLEAN”, hopes to put emphasis on the need for Ghanaians to contribute both inert and acquired beauty, in dealing with Ghana’s age old sanitation situation, that has become a major problem for the past and present governments.

MISS METRO GHANA will see the selection of five (5) contestants from each of the five (5) main Metropolitan cities in Ghana, namely ACCRA, TEMA, KUMASI, SEKONDI-TAKORADI and TAMALE.

The selected twenty-five (25) contestants in the month of October 2017, will in collaboration with their respective Metropolitan Assemblies, launch the “LET’S GET GHANA CLEAN” Campaign, which will require them planning and executing their respective projects daily.

The contestants are required to film their respective sanitation projects and present evidence of work, on the pageant’s official Facebook page for fans to “like”, and text their names to a dedicated short code to be provided by the organizers.

According to the organizers, Kosi Glah Consult, sixty (60%) percent of the accumulated results will be generated from the respective projects of the contestants and the remaining forty (40%) percent, will be judged for “Beauty”, “Eloquence”, “Intelligent” and “Talent”.

Furthermore, the contestants will be engaged in an “Intellectual Debate” on the radio of which, they will be allowed to debate the sanitation challenge and sensitization on good sanitation practices within their respective metropolis.

The organizers are therefore calling on co-operate Ghana, indigenous businesses as well as stakeholders to come on board to make this noble course a worthy one as it is believed that, businesses thrive in cleaner environments.